COLD WAR 2.0?
November 11, 2021
- Chinese President Xi Jinping warned against letting tensions in the Asia-Pacific region cause a relapse into a Cold War mentality ( link )
- China will never allow the U.S. to infringe upon its sovereignty or interfere in its internal affairs under any excuse, the Chinese Foreign Ministry said ( link )
- China criticizes US delegation’s visit to Taiwan ( link )
- The head of the U.S. Indo-Pacific Command reaffirmed America’s commitment to achieving a free and open Indo-Pacific despite rising tensions amid China’s increasingly assertive military actions ( link )
- President Joe Biden’s national security adviser Jake Sullivan has declared the US is a resident power in the Indo-Pacific, telling Australians he rejects claims it doesn’t have the staying power to remain in Asia in the face of a rising China ( link )
- Pentagon press secretary says China and climate change are ‘equally important’ threats ( link )
- U.S.-China arms race gets more complex and unpredictable ( link )
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.