GGN Jihadism selects, analyzes and synthesizes weekly the most relevant news about jihadist terrorism, presenting them in few pages, in an organized way, without inaccurate, inconsistent and confusing data, so that the reader can, after a quick reading, detect perspectives and trends.
TOP NEWS FROM APRIL 16 TO APRIL 22, 2022 (Spanish version here)
1) The Islamic State in West Africa Province (ISWAP) has claimed responsibility for an explosion that it said killed or injured 30 people at a market where alcohol was sold in Nigeria’s Taraba state, marking an expansion of the area where the ISIL affiliate operates in the country.
2) Ten people have been killed by Boko Haram/ISWAP after they attacked a hotel in Geidam Local Government Area in the restive Northeast Yobe State, in Nigeria.
3) 11 worshippers had died and about 32 wounded in an attack that hit Say Dokan, the oldest and largest Shia mosque in Mazar-e-Sharif city, in Afghanistan’s northern Balkh province. The Islamic State has claimed the responsibility.
4) The Islamic State has recently intensified its attacks against regime forces and their allied militias in the Syrian desert, in what seems to be revenge for the killing of their leader in northeast Syria in February.
5) An Egyptian crewmember of a Ramadan TV drama series about the Islamic State group (ISIS) has been abducted a few days ago in Lebanon, local news outlets reported.
6) Troops of the Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF) have eliminated a top leader of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), Ammar Bin-Umar, in massive airstrikes in Lake Chad. The top ISIS Commander was reportedly sent to coordinate attacks for ISWAP operating from the Tumbuns in Lake Chad against targets in Nigeria, Niger, Chad and Cameroon.
7) The trial of 14 people accused of helping an Islamic State (ISIS) terrorist cell that killed 130 people in the gun and bomb attacks across Paris in 2015 began in Belgium.
8) The spokesperson of the Islamic State, Abu-Omar al-Muhajir, said Russia’s invasion of Ukraine was an “opportunity” for its supporters to carry out terrorist attacks as “the crusaders are fighting each other”. He called on supporters to strike Israel and Europe.
9) Pakistan’s ministry of foreign affairs said that “terrorists are using Afghan soil with impunity to carry out activities inside Pakistan”. “In the last few days, incidents along Pak-Afghan Border have significantly increased, wherein, Pakistani security forces are being targeted from across the border.”
10) Representatives of intelligence agencies from Ethiopia, Djibouti, Sudan, South Sudan, Somalia, Tanzania and Uganda agreed to strengthen cooperation in combating terrorism.They plan to review the security situation in the volatile eastern Africa region.
11) India is preparing a dossier of Pakistan-based terrorists operating in Jammu and Kashmir to raise the issue with the United Nations in order to corner them, Hindustan Times reported.
12) Israel’s Counter-Terrorism Bureau may warn Israelis against travelling to Qatar to attend the FIFA World Cup in November due to security concerns. Agencies predict that 25,000 to 30,000 Israel citizens may travel to Qatar.
Recibe contenido nuevo directamente en tu bandeja de entrada.